Top photo: As we’re getting settled into our site and are already enjoying the scenic views. Memaloose Island, in the Columbia River, can be seen on the right center of the photo.
We scored a campsite backing up to the Columbia River with scenic views of the Gorge — lots of eye candy. We feel the next couple of days will be filled with lots of exploring.
Memaloose - State Park Campground, near The Dallas, OR: Site #A51 (110 RV sites total) - This site has: water hookups. Campground Notes: flush toilets • showers • dump station available • trails nearby • 178’ elevation. May 12th - 15th. Miles traveled: 141 (tap on mileage to see route & elevation change).
• Nice sites, some spacious.
• Lots of open space.
• Great views of the Columbia Rive Gorge.
• Freeway noise, sites near the river better.
• Railroad noise, but not as bad as the freeway..
Tap on thumbnail photos for a larger views & captions.
Local Flavor – Area Businesses We Enjoyed & Recommend (on this visit to the area)
• Double Mountain Brewery Hood River, OR
• Ferment Brewing Company Hood River, OR
• Thunder Island Brewing Co. Cascade Locks, OR
More pending, including captions 🌄 🏞...