We went from hot to hot and traded spectacular views for a nice spot on the Green River. The folks next site over said it cools down pretty good at night. Hopefully, they're right.
Green River Campground - National Monument Campground, near Jensen, UT. Site #77 (79 RV sites total) - This site has: water nearby. Campground Notes: flush toilets • dump not station available • river access • trails from campground • trails nearby • 4,821’ elevation. July 14th - 17th. Miles driven: 134 (tap on mileage to see route). Pros:
• Campground conveniently located in the Monument.
• Easy access to river & trails.
• Bathrooms dated, but clean.
• On the river sites, some people cut through the site rather than use the river access trails.
• No dump station.
The Green River Campground sits pleasantly in a grove of cottonwood trees on the Green River banks.
Local Flavor – Area Businesses We Enjoyed & Recommend
• Vernal Brewing Company, Vernal, UT The beers we sampled were outstanding. The menu looked interesting, as did most dishes that came out of the kitchen. If you are looking for a meatless option, try the Tree Hugger — absolutely delicious!
Stay tuned; there's more pending...
All submitted comments are subject to approval. Comments date format is: day/month/year.