Top photo: View from the path to the beach just before sunset.
After a short drive from Humbug, we landed at Harris Beach. We were looking forward to this visit based on our 2015 experience, but we were somewhat disappointed to see our site.
Harris Beach - State Park Campground, in Brookings, OR: Site #C13 (149 sites total) - This site has: • electric & water hookups • electric hookup • water nearby. Campground Notes: flush toilets • showers (closed for COVID) • dump station available • beach/ocean access • trails from campground • trails nearby • 135’ elevation. Oct 28th - Nov 1st. Miles traveled: 50 miles (tap on mileage to see route & elevation change).
• Beautiful beaches.
• An awesome seascape offers incredible sunsets.
• Sites in "A" loop overlooking the ocean are primo.
• Reservations required.
• Too congested, too busy, too noisy.
• Many sites are way too close together.
• Some site are very close to Hwy 101 — Lots of highway noise.
Pics from the Beach
Tap on thumbnail photos for a larger views & captions.
We decided to drive up the coast to Arch Rock Brewing in Gold Beach for a little auto touring. They have a relatively small cozy tasting room where we sampled their brews, purchased a crowler, and then moved on, not wanting to stay in the confined space due to COVID. On the return trip, we stopped at various scenic overlooks, including the iconic Arch Rock, to enjoy the views.
Local Flavor – Area Businesses We Enjoyed & Recommend
• Chetco Brewing Co, Brookings.
• Misty Mountain Brewing, Brookings.
• Arch Rock Brewing, Gold Beach.
Tap here to view additional photos.