We traveled 1,802 miles over a period of almost seven weeks (it turns out that we were only one day short of seven). During this period, we had thirteen stopovers.
UPDATED JULY 22, 2015
Note: This is the last "Big Picture" update. Please visit our "Maps" to see our camping locations.
Time sure flies by. We began 2015 with a holding pattern in Arizona, before heading in east. Now that we have made it to Maine we are heading west.
Stopovers this year inclu...
February - October 2014.
We've been on the road full-timing since February 1st and are now back in Arizona. This is the final update for our 2014 maps. Watch for a new 2015 map and new adventures!
What does one do on a rainy day sitting in an RV? How about getting the Crayolas out and coloring maps. Of course, trying very hard to stay in the lines. These maps represent the states and provinces we visited while RVing on our main trips.
Campgrounds in California & Nevada during our travels in May & June 2014:
- Death Valley National Park - Furnace Creek Campground, CA
- Turtle Creek Campground, CA
- Horton Creek Campground, CA
- New Shady Rest Campground, CA
- Davis Creek, NV
- Merrill Campground, CA
- Lassen Volcanic National Park...
Campgrounds in Arizona & Nevada during our travels in April 2014:
- Chiricahua National Monument - Bonita Canyon Campground, AZ
- Queen Mine RV Park, AZ
- Sonoita Winery, AZ
- Patagonia Lake State Park, AZ
- Cave Creek Regional Park, AZ
- Burro Creek Campground, AZ
- Lake Mead National Recreation Ar...
Campgrounds & Stopovers in New Mexico during our travels in March 2014:
- Oliver Lee Memorial State Park
- Rockhound State Park
- St Clair Winery
- City of Rocks State Park
- Rose Valley RV Ranch
A detailed map of the campgrounds in Texas during our travels in February & March 2014:
- Bastrop State Park
- South Llano River State Park
- Big Bend National Park - Rio Grande Village Campground
- Big Bend Resort and Adventures Campground
- Davis Mountains State Park
- Hueco Tanks State Park & His...
Here's the overall view of our summer/fall 2013 trip. Below are postings that have more details for each section. Additional info will be added as time passes.
- Abilene State Park, TX
- Oasis State Park, NM
- Villanueva State Park, NM
- Coyote Creek State Park, MM
- Dumont Lake Cam...
This trip included stops at: Guadalupe Mountains National Park, TX; Cloudcroft - Saddle Campground, NM; Chaco Culture National Historical Park, NM; Canyonlands Needle Outpost, UT; Canyonlands National Park - Squaw Flat Campgrond, UT; Canyonlands Campground, Moab, UT; Wasatch Mountain State Park, UT;...
We had just three plus weeks to complete our first LONG trip in our Casita travel trailer which was a tad over seven months old. On this trip we did pack it in with reservations made for every stop. Needless to say, we no longer travel that way.
Stop overs include:
- July 5th - Village Creek State...