We’re currently on a cross country trip going from Oregon to Maine & back. We will do our best to keep this page up to date.
As in the past, when traveling, we run into issues with bandwidth & internet connections. Plus time constraints — there’s the choice of exploring or posting. Until we can create a separate post for each stop, they will be listed here. (Once a post is created for a particular stop in our "On the Road & More" section, the below listing will link to that post.)
- 6/03 — Echo Ridge Cellars, Echo, OR.
- 6/05 — Last Chance Glass Studio, Walla Walla WA.
- 6/06 — Wilderness Gateway, ID.
- 6/10 — Bears on the Fence, Boondockers Welcome location, Stevensville, MT.
- 6/12 — Our Secret Gardens, Boondockers Welcome location, Townsend, MT.
- 6/14 — Chief Joseph Campground, Harlowton, MT.
- 6/16 — Tongue River Vineyard, Harvest Hosts location, Miles City, MT.
- 6/17 — Theodore Roosevelt National Park - North Unit, ND.
- 6/22 — Howard Campground, Grahams Island State Park, ND
- 6/24 — Forestedge Winery, Harvest Hosts location, Laporte, MN.
- 6/25 — Birds Nest, Boondockers Welcome location, Walker, MN.
- 6/27 — Peace & Quiet, Boondockers Welcome location, Washburn, WI.
- 6/29 — Family Property, Gibson Lake, Amasa, MI.
- 7/03 — Boyne Valley Vineyards, Harvest Hosts location, Petosky, MI.
- 7/04 — Lumberyard Winery, Harvest Hosts location, Napoleon, OH.
- 7/05 — Presque Isle Wine Cellars, Harvest Hosts location, North East, PA.
- 7/06 — Woodland Farm Brewery, Harvest Hosts location, Utica, NY
- 7/07 — Quechee State Park, VT
- 7/08 — Wild Duck RV Park, Scarborough, ME
- 7/15 — The Used to be Pine Grove, Boondockers Welcome location, West Chesterfield, NH
- 7/17 — Vermont Distillers, Harvest Hosts location, West Marlboro, VT
- 7/18 — Ives Run Campground, Tioga, PA
- 7/22 — Buccia Vineyard, Harvest Hosts location, Conneaut, OH
- 7/23 — Livermore Retreat, Boondockers Welcome location, Colon, MI
- 7/25 — Lowden State Park, IL
- 7/26 — Pine Lake State Park, IA
- 7/29 — Choteau Creek Brewing, Harvest Hosts location, Wagner, SD
- 7/30 — Niobrara Valley Vineyards, Harvest Hosts location, Menzel, NE
- 7/31 — Gruner Brothers Brewery, Harvest Hosts location, Casper, WY
- 8/01 — Falls Campground, WY
- 8/05 — Granite Creek Campground, WY
- 8/11 - Kraay's Market & Garden, Harvest Hosts location, Bellevue, ID
- 8/12 — Lake Owyhee State Park, near Adrian, OR
As we slowly make our way west, we decided updates, including photos 🌄 🏞 will not happen until we're home (the above list will be updated, but that's all).
Trip Overview (Updated Aug 14)
After 8,116.4 miles and two & a half months on the road, we are home once again. Two days earlier than originally planned — the smoke & triple digit heat got to us at the last stop. Throughout the trip we traveled mostly on secondary roads with very little interstate highway (sometimes there just wasn’t any other realistic option). We got to experience so many new places, meet interesting folks & have some quality family time at our turn around point in Portland, ME. And along the way we coined a new term — “Mooch Approved”. If we were to do this distance again in an RV, we would set aside 4-6 months — on this trip we had too many one night stops.
- 14 - Harvest Hosts locations
- 05 - Boondockers Welcome locations
- 05 - State Parks
- 03 - Forest Service Campgrounds
- 01 - City Park Campground
- 01 - National Park Campground
- 01 - Commercial RV Park
- 01 - Army Corp of Engineers Campground
- 01- Family Lake Property
- 02- Reservations Made
- 07 - Used electric hookups
- 01 - Rode our bikes (but they made a good drying rake for towels etc.)
- 0 - Used our generator
- 0 - Watched TV
- 27 - Gas stops (averaged 14.85 MPG)
Turn around point selfie with Mooch.